Well, I finally received some time off from school and returned home to Tampa. Of course I went fishing the first chance I could. My father and I launched a little later then normal at around 9am. We paddled maybe 50 yards and were hooked up. The first trout of the day was a little guy.






We caught about six more small trout all released in good health. The biggest being about 14". No gator trout today.

Finally my dad picked up two flounder using a doa cal paddle tail.We then moved on to a new spot and caught more small trout. They were all schooled up in the deeper areas of the flat and created quite a fun day on the flat.

 We came across some Manatee, that kept coming out of the water. The came quite close, which was quite a sight.
I spotted some lone red fish sitting in potholes in 8" of water and tried to sight cast a exclude gold slug but only spooked them. I tried on three diffrent fish, which were all over 25" some nice reds that would have made the drag scream. After some more trout we called it a day around noon. As always tight lines and go noles!