I took a trip on over to the beautiful weedon island preserve
View Larger Map

It was a chilly morning at around 48 degrees and with a stiff north/north west wind @ 15knts. I knew the fishing and paddling was going to be tuff. I packed up the car and ventured out by 6:30am, stopping by my favorite doughnut shop for a warm coffee and breakfast sandwich. As i traveled across the gandy bridge i noticed that there was quite some chop in the bay. I launched at 7am at low incoming tide.

I paddled down the kayak trail casting a topwater lure and had a few tries but no hook ups. There were large schools of mullet everywhere and wind made more tough fishing. White pelicans and seagulls were bombarding the water as there were large schools of glass minnows. On the other side of the flat from the pelicans there were large oyster bars, where i caught two rat reds under 18inchs on a jig head and a doa paddle tailI ended the day seeing many birds including a roseate spoon bill:There were also many snowy egrets, ibis, and osprey to name a few: