Posted by David Kuhnke
My Two Favorite Knots for attaching leader to terminal tackle
Non slip mono loop Knot: For connecting a lure to leader, allows movement of the lure for more realistic action.
- Tie a single overhand knot 6-8 inches up the leader from the end of leader. Insert leader end through the eye of lure and then bring it back through the loop.
- Wrap the line end 3-4 times around the main line then insert it back through the loop in the knot.
- pull the line end to reduce loop size and pull main line to tighten knot. clip off extra line
- Pass line through eye. Double back and make six wraps around the main line
- Thread end through the first loop above the eye, then through the big loop
- hold end and main line while pulling the coils tight to the eye, clip off extra line