Posted by David Kuhnke
The Advantages to Kayak Fishing
- A Kayak is quieter than a boat, even when a trolling motor is being used on the boat.
- A kayak has no impact on the environment, no prop scars on the grass flats, no gas and oil leaking into the water, and no emissions leaking into the air!
- Kayaks can access water that boats cant, which can lead to bull redfish, gator trout, and huge linesiders!
- You do not need a large trailer and gas guzzling truck, your kayak can fit on almost any car even the smallest such as mini coopers or a prius.
- The cost is low a fully rigged kayak costs around $800 where a boat will cost at least $20k, no need to purchase $5 gas, oil, boat registration, trailer registration, boat insurance, batteries, battery chargers, outboard tune-ups.
- No more waxing, Re applying the gel coat, flushing the engine, scrubbing, applying bulky covers. And saltwater corrosion! With a kayak you spray it with a hose and your clean up is done!